Saturday, April 23, 2016

Where's the meat?

One day the humans were eating supper and I realized they didn't have any meat. Obviously they aren't very good hunters, which is why they are lucky to have me around. So I went outside while they were eating their vegetables and caught a bird for them. I hurried back to the house before their meal was over and scratched at the door. The bird was a little small for all three of them, but it's more than they had, so I figured they'd be grateful. Dylan opened the door and I quickly ran inside holding onto the bird, which wasn't quite dead yet. I headed to the living room so I could finish him off, before presenting it to the humans.  Before I reached the living room I heard my human mother say, does she have a bird in her mouth? Uh oh, I thought. She saw it before I was  ready.  Next thing I knew all three of them were chasing me around the living room for it! All I could think was, can't you people be patient? It isn't ready yet! I kept trying to get away from them but they kept cornering me. Then I accidentally dropped the bird and he flew around the living room. Everyone was racing around the room making so much noise I could hardly concentrate. I managed to catch the bird again but my human mother ran after me and I dropped it again. At that point my human dad caught the bird with a butterfly net. I was a little offended that they didn't allow me to present them with the dead bird. Maybe they were so desperate for meat that they couldn't wait. They should at least thank me for it. Instead it sounded like they were scolding me. Then I noticed something even stranger! My human dad took the bird out of the net and brought it back outside and let it go! This makes no sense to me! These meat deprived humans have gone crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment